ASICS Men's Gel-Contend 7 Running Shoe

ASICS Men's Gel-Contend 7 Running Shoe
 ASICS Men's Gel-Contend 7 Running Shoe from amazon.com

  • Synthetic-and-mesh
  • Imported
  • Rubber sole
  • GEL Technology: Cushioning provides excellent shock absorption
  • Engineered mesh upper: Improves airflow.
  • Ortholite Sockliner: Moisture management (Ortholite is a registered trademark of O2 Partners LLC).
  • Flex grooves in the outsole: Strategically located grooves in the outsole improve flexibility
  • Synthetic stitching: Synthetic fiber stitching on the overlays improves support

UNDERPRONATION IS

  • How Your Foot Contacts the Ground: The outside of the heel hits the ground at an increased angle with minimal pronation, causing shock to the lower leg.
  • Push-Off: You experience pressure on your outer toes.
  • Considered Injuries: Plantar fasciitis, shin splints, ankle strain.
  • Foot Type: High arches.

THE NEUTRAL FOOT TYPE IS

  • How Your Foot Contacts the Ground: Your foot lands on the outside of the heel and then rolls inward, absorbing impact on the body.
  • Push-Off: Your experience even distribution from the front of the foot.
  • Considered Injuries: Getting hurt is less likely due to effective shock absorption, but not impossible.
  • Foot Type: Normal-size arches.

OVERPRONATION IS

  • How Your Foot Contacts the Ground: Your foot lands on the outside of the heel and then rolls inward, transferring excess weight.
  • Push-Off: Your experience pressure mainly on your big toe and second toe.
  • Injuries considered: Shin splints, plantar fasciitis, bunions, heel spurs.
  • Foot Type: Low arches or flat feet.


Captain Blue Sky
5.0 out of 5 stars Half-Size too Small
Reviewed in the United States 🇺🇸 on January 20, 2023
Size: 11.5Color: Black/Carrier GreyVerified Purchase
Great running shoes! Great, supportive fit! Great neutral to pronate stance support. However, the shoes do run 1/2 size smaller than the norm and as a result, the 11s that I normally order were too small. But, the 11.5s fit perfectly. Also, know that the shoes run quite NARROW. This is not a problem for me as I have narrow feet. But people who are normal to wide widths will definitely have an issue. Apart from all of the fit idiosyncrasies of these shoes, they feel great and I love wearing them. As you can see in the picture, I have replaced the laces with Lock Laces; elastic laces that increase and enhance a shoe's comfort and also decrease injuries. All of my athletic footwear has them. I would never wear a pair of athletic shoes without Lock Laces, I love them so much. I highly recommend the Asics, just order a half-size larger.

Randy Whitsitt
Reviewed in the United States 🇺🇸 on January 29, 2023
Size: 9Color: Black/Carrier GreyVerified Purchase
This is about the 5th pair of Aasics gel running shoes I have purchased. The last 3 through Amazon. I was troubled with plantar faciaitis many years ago. If I wear these shoes once a week, I never have that awful pain. I live in a small town in western New Mexico where my sizes for almost any article of clothing are so common that it is almost impossible to find my size in anything. I appreciate being able to buy what I need om
Amazon and know that it is going to fit. Thanks!

cassandra808
Reviewed in the United States 🇺🇸 on February 3, 2023
I had a previous pair of wide Asics that I paid $130 for at a running store, so when I saw this shoe here at this price, I was excited but also skeptical. However, these shoes fit great and are so very comfortable. The fitment is a true size 13, they fit like a glove. Good support throughout. Will buy it again!